Careers - Digital Marketing Specialist (Analytics Focused)
Who we are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider and one of the fastest growing technology companies in Australia (founded in 2007). Currently ranked in both Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 and Asia-Pacific Fast 500, Burst aims to be the world’s most innovative provider of localised messaging services. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, SMS for operations, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and new mobile messaging innovations.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist with strong passion for analytics to join our team. They will be based in our Canadian satellite office, working alongside our marketing team located inside the brand new Solo District 2 building in Burnaby.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
The ideal candidate should have a keen interest in mobile marketing. You should have 2-3 years of work experience at a SAAS company while in a data-dominant role.
- Analysing company-wide data via Google Analytics and Heap Analytics
- Finding trends, discovering opportunities, and catching data abnormalities
- Compiling statistical reports, and presenting them to the team
- Cross-checking industry data with internal data
- Conducting market research and building bi-annual surveys
- Test theories, and experiment with A/B tests to improve results
- Assist with daily digital marketing tasks, and content generation for analytics-oriented articles
Skills, experience, and qualities:
- 3-4 years of digital marketing experience
- 1-2 years of experience working in a SAAS based company
- Strong writing skills
- Experience using an advanced analytics platform such as Mix Panel, Heap, Amplitude, Domo, or Kiss Metrics
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Heap Analytics
- Experience with Typeform is a bonus
- Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
The nitty gritty
- Job type: 12 Month contract (extension likely upon annual review)
- Compensation: $55,000-$60,000 CDN
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days + Australian Holidays
- Working hours: Sunday-Thursday (11:00am-7:30pm)
- Location: Suite 900, 2025 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby BC
- Amazing benefits: You will be part of global team, which has helped Burst SMS become the fastest growing company SMS company in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you'll have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working hours
- Free gym access inside Solo District 2 (Fully stocked gym with a great view)
- XL luxury showers + towel service
- Secure bike storage + direct bike lane access right outside our office building
- Access to a quality computer set-up, built to solid specifications
- 24hr access to our professional co-working environment
- Option to participate in themed days
- Unlimited quality tea + coffee
- Company outings
- Less than 5min walk from Brentwood station + bus stop directly outside the building
- Option to work temporarily overseas in our Sydney, Australia office (Located in the downtown core, which a 5min walk to the famous Sydney harbour or 8min walk to the Royal Botanical Gardens.)
- Access to delicious Australian snacks and goodies
Let's get in touch
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, if this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Re: Digital Marketing Specialist".