Are you an individual that has equal amounts of passion and logic? We are building a next-generation messaging platform called Sendsei.
We want a person that can understand the business, analyse client needs, then translate that into product and work with UX, engineering, & QA to deliver the best possible features to the platform & our APIs.
We are looking for dedicated, full-time individuals willing to take ownership over their work and have a desire to work with teams to make your contribution to something that can transform the way businesses work today.
Who We Are
Sendsei is a next-generation messaging platform powered by a global messaging provider and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online SMS & MMS platform with a focus on marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, automation, advanced SMS & MMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations. We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, & Vancouver, BC, Canada.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Product Director, contributing to the agile software development of our next-generation messaging platform.
- Working with customer success teams to understand business customers and end-users as well as developers at our customers who are using our APIs.
- Help structure API calls, responses and documentation as well as example use cases
- Working in the squad model with design, engineering, DevOps (SRE), and QA. Working cross-functionally to achieve the given goal the squad was formed for.
- Writing user stories, specifying acceptance criteria & tests for features.
Skills, Experience & Qualities
These skills are core to this role:
- 2+ years of product management experience in SaaS and technology
- Strong technical background to understand and prioritise the needs of developers and the ability to shape the vision for a strong technology platform
- Ability to prioritise among opportunities, balance the needs of a diverse set of external and internal stakeholders of our platform and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- You are user-focused and are constantly engaging with them whilst working directly with design and technology to craft delightful experiences
- You are a strategic thinker (and get down in the details too) with creative and innovative approaches to problems
- Be able to help define the product vision to inspire your teams and senior stakeholders
- The ability to define and track key business and usage success metrics
- A track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organisation
- Experience with APIs and tools such as Postman
- Experience with integrations and being the product manager on initiatives such as integrating with a CRM or Zapier
Nice to Haves
- Passion for user research & interviews using prototypes
- Experience working with omnichannel messaging such as RCS, WhatsApp, & FB Messenger.
- Experience with messaging and/or automation platforms such as Zapier
- Working knowledge of web technologies and programming methodologies
- Working knowledge of UX design philosophies and workflows
- UI design or prototyping experience using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch and Zeplin
- Keen to work in a squad model (Balanced Team / cross-functional team without dedicated SCRUM masters or business analysts)
- Experience using Pivotal Tracker and Trello
- Experience using marketing tools such as InfusionSoft or ActiveCampaign
- Experience using support ticket portals and being eager to learn all about your users by being involved in support.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, or alike
Opportunity & Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
Cultural fit is all-important for us. we value hard work, we value good fun, we value results, we value celebrating success, we value work-life balance, we value creativity, we value flexibility, we value productivity, we value new ideas, we value independent thinking, we value the entrepreneurial spirit, and above all, we value good people. Your approach, your attitude, and your initiative are what counts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business and you will be part of a dynamic & innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through. Burst is a family. With a fresh new office in the heart of the CBD, we are a team that chats, works, codes, listens to music, thinks, laughs and works together. If this is the sort of team you want to be a part of, we are interested in hearing from you.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: