We are looking for a front-end developer to maintain and develop our current sites. You will have the chance to learn and grow quickly with some of the best developers in Australia. This role requires not just attention to detail, a strong work ethic, strong communication and excellent technical skills, but having a strategic and open mindset about how we move forward.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest growing technology companies in Australia. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations. We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, and Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
The overall aim of the Engineering Team is to ensure the reliability of systems. To ensure this, their remit covers the following:
- Design solution specifications for Product Roadmap features
- Provide reasonable estimations for specifications
- Produce Secure, Reliable, Provable high-quality software solutions using best practice techniques
- Develop and maintain processes to facilitate efficient product development
- Celebrate failure and learn from it, don’t shy away from it
- Constantly Improve processes based on observable metrics and collaborative feedback
- Advise the business on technical matters
- Be self-managing and work as a team
- Ensure engineers learn and maintain competitive skills and knowledge against the wider IT sector
- Enable engineers to train and upskill in areas they are interested in
- Deliver pragmatic code that balances business value and technical debt
- Document, centralize and disseminate knowledge, tools, and processes
Skills, Experience & Qualities
These skills are core to the role:
- Experience in developing frontend architecture for large enterprise level SaaS applications
- Experience with React/Redux
- Solid in Typescript
- Exposure to Styled Components
- Solid with git and git workflows
- Comfortable with linux as a primary development environment
Desired skills included:
- Golang skills and experience
- Broad exposure to developing for various databases (e.g. Mongo, Redis, Postgresql, RabbitMQ, InfluxDB)
- Testing Evangelist
- Machine Learning exposure
- Examples of previous work (e.g. GitHub or a Blog)
Ideally, you are:
- Willing to learn new things in a fast paced environment
- Effectively take an idea from design through to deployment
- Communicate effectively across the entire organisation
- Able to work as part of a wider engineering team on a daily basis
- Comfortable working without supervision
- Happy to accept and give constructive feedback
- Examples of previous work (e.g. GitHub or a Blog)
Opportunity and Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
Cultural fit is all important for us. We value hard work, we value good fun, we value results, we value celebrating success, we value work life balance, we value creativity, we value flexibility, we value productivity, we value new ideas, we value independent thinking, we value entrepreneurial spirit, and above all we value good people. Your approach, your attitude, and your initiative is what counts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business and you will be part of a dynamic & innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through. Burst is a family. With a fresh new office in the heart of the CBD, we are a team that chats, works, codes, listens to music, thinks, laughs and works together. If this is the sort of team you want to be a part of, we are interested in hearing from you.
Our Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: