Responsibilities will include design, implementation and management of systems code and infrastructure for our next generation messaging platforms as well as supporting and helping to maintain the current AWS production cloud-based infrastructure. Candidates should have demonstrable experience in being team members involved in building modern web applications and system-level services in a scalable high availability environment. Candidates should be enthused about learning and exploiting new technologies and practices and have a keen interest in their craft.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest growing technology companies in Australia. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations. We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, and Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
You will be joining the SRE team who’s remit covers the infrastructure & network management of Sendsei as well as technical operations of the system in production. You will also be helping to enable the wider adoption of DevSecOps best practices across the organisation.
This role is a world away from having to follow established policy & processes and maintain an aging technology stack. Instead, you will be tasked with a variety of business problems and asked to design then implement the solution.
Our new solutions have been developed using a modern technology stack consisting mainly of Go Lang for back-end services and React for front-end. The system runs on AWS EKS (Kubernetes) and we use modern tools such as Helm, Terraform, Harness.io and New Relic to deploy, manage and monitor.
The SRE Teams Remit
The overall aim of SRE is to ensure the reliability of systems. To ensure this, their remit covers the following:
- Responsible for ensuring reliability of systems which can be measured by the four golden signals (latency, traffic, errors and saturation)
- Act as an assurance gateway enforcing quality and availability of the system is maintained
- Release and Deployment Management
- 3rd Line (Technical) Support
- Modern Infrastructure and Network Management
- Shift Security to the left, ensuring Security is at the heart of everything we do
- Accelerate the delivery of work from Development to Operations to the end customer (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Enable the creation of safer systems of work (Continuous Monitoring and Feedback)
- Foster a high-trust culture and scientific approach to organizational improvement risk-taking as part of daily work.
We’d Love to Hear from You
- Willing to learn new things in a fast paced environment
- Effectively take an idea from design through to deployment
- Communicate effectively across the entire organisation
- Able to work as part of a wider engineering team on a daily basis
- Comfortable working alone with minimum supervision
- Strong programming experience in Golang and React
- Good understanding of Git
- Previous experience in Application Support
- Strong understanding of SRE & Dev(Sec)Ops
- Implementation/maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in AWS and/or GCloud
- Implementation and/or maintenance of Kubernetes
- Experience in Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
Opportunity and Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
Cultural fit is all important for us. We value hard work, we value good fun, we value results, we value celebrating success, we value work life balance, we value creativity, we value flexibility, we value productivity, we value new ideas, we value independent thinking, we value entrepreneurial spirit, and above all we value good people. Your approach, your attitude, and your initiative is what counts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business and you will be part of a dynamic & innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through. Burst is a family. With a fresh new office in the heart of the CBD, we are a team that chats, works, codes, listens to music, thinks, laughs and works together. If this is the sort of team you want to be a part of, we are interested in hearing from you.
Our Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: