We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager with an extensive background in creating automated sequences. This individual should be a strong writer, and will have full ownership of our email/SMS marketing funnels. They should be a constant learner with a firm understanding inbound marketing.
They will be joining a versatile marketing team of designers, marketing specialists, strategic thinkers, and dedicated department-level developers. There will also be opportunities to work on special first to market projects, and to participate in multiple branding projects across our other businesses.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging platform, delivering messages since 2008. Innovation is what we strive for by delivering easily scalable messaging solutions with a focus on advanced automation, omnichannel communications, and artificial intelligence. We specialise in helping the B2C space have more frictionless conversations via SMS, MMS, RCS, or social messaging.
This position is open to candidates living in Canada. Candidates residing in Vancouver (British Columbia) will have the option to work in the office, or to remote work. All other candidates will be WFH full-time. The majority of the marketing team currently resides in Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We genuinely listen to feedback, and action good ideas. New technology is embraced, and we are not afraid to implement change. Join an environment where you can grow, celebrate wins, and expect a team approach when it comes to tackling difficult challenges.
Your main responsibilities will include:
60%: Managing and optimising automation sequences
- You will be responsible for optimising our current sequences, and launching new company-wide automation sequences
- Maintain KPI benchmarks across all assigned sequences
- Work with our creative team to bring creative concepts to reality
- Assist with managing our Customer Success Marketer, who will be responsible for launching and maintaining all CS or retention sequences
- Create and continuously streamline email marketing processes
- CRM training for new cross-over hires
- Experiment with new email concepts
- Quality control + A/B Testing
- Collaborate with our Content Manager on new articles needed to build out new automation sequences
- Assist with publishing large-scale reports, guides, courses, and playbooks
- General copywriting assistance for internal projects
10%: Special project assistance + professional development
- We manage 3 core messaging brands, each with a unique set of service offerings. You will be given the opportunity to diversify your workload depending on your skillset and performance.
- Depending on your strengths, and how you would like to develop your skills - this component will be customised to suit your professional goals.
5%: Present new marketing concepts and conduct market research
- Design ads, pitches, and presentations for your assigned industry verticals
- Discover new marketing concepts, and software upgrade ideas to the Marketing Director
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- 3-4 years of experience in digital marketing
- Exceptional writing skills (both technical and creative)
- Advanced email automation knowledge
- Firm understanding of inbound marketing
- Beginner’s email HTML knowledge
- Beginner Adobe Illustrator skills
- Genuine passion for the mobile marketing and messaging space
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised
- Strategic mindset
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a SAAS, tech, consulting, or a start-up environment is ideal
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days. Canadian Holidays.
- Flexible working hours: Monday-Friday
(10am-6:30pm, 11am-7:30pm, 12am-8:30pm, 1pm-9:30pm, PST time)
- Location: Canada
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working conditions
- Weekly virtual team building activities (company-wide)
Vancouver applicants will have access to:
- WeWork membership + private office access - 450 SW Marine Drive
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- WeWork partner discounts
- Secure bike storage
Our Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: