We are seeking a skilled graphic designer to join our talented marketing team. This individual should be especially well-versed in Adobe Illustrator and vector-based design. They will be managing a talented Illustrator and Motion Graphics designer. Click here to see our design style.
You will be responsible for updating our Brand Guidelines across all our 4 core businesses, and finalising any major design draft.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, innovator, and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia + Asia Pacific. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online messaging platform with a focus on enhancing customer experiences, conversational commerce, artificial intelligence, and advanced API solutions.
We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, and Vancouver. This position will be based in our Vancouver office inside the WeWork - Marine Gateway location.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Polishing our brand guidelines, and enhancing all our assets
- Applying our brand guidelines to all our creatives
- Working with our designers to create fresh design concepts
- Redesigning our websites, and creating new landing pages
- Creating new marketing, sales, and support assets and presentations
- Crafting new ads + writing copy
- Light copywriting for our blog when needed, which may include topics such as: new design trends, landing page optimisation tutorials, visual templates, and seasonal topics.
- Recommending new design trends as they arise
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- 2-3 years of experience in graphic design
- 2 years of experience in web design
- Expert Adobe Illustrator skills + ability to modify isometric vectors
- Intermediate Adobe XD and Adobe Photoshop skills
- Beginner Adobe Animate and After Effects skills
- Highly organised, and naturally motivated
- Excellent individual, and team time management
- Able to work well in a small team setting
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a SAAS, or start-up environment is ideal
- Experience with using custom CMS platforms, or Unbounce
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000 per year (CDN)
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days. Canadian Holidays.
- Flexible working hours: Monday-Friday (10:00am-6:30pm, 10:30am-7:00pm, 11:00am-7:30pm, 11:30am-8:00pm)
- Location: 450 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver (Inside the WeWork)
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly team building activities
- Unlimited micro-roasted coffee, full leaf teas, fresh fruit water, and craft beer/cider on tap
- 24hr access to our WeWork office, and a global lounge pass
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- Secure bike storage
- Free gym access inside the building
- Fully-stocked 5,000sqf private gym + 1,000sqf balcony
- On-site lockers/showers
- Free monthly workshops and social events via the WeWork network
- Transit / Driving:
- Direct connection to the Marine Gateway Canada Line
- Bus loop access: #3, #10, #15, #17, and #100 bus connections
- Free all-day street parking across the street
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: