We are looking for a Website Manager to manage a small team of 2-3 front-end developers and 1-2 web designers. You will be leading all web projects, while closely working with our Sr. SEO Specialist, Content Manager, and Sr. Digital Marketing Specialist.
Who We Are
Our mission is to make business more human. We are one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia and a global messaging provider that enables businesses to build long-term relationships with customers through the power of conversation. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online messaging platform focusing on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations.
This position is open to candidates living in Canada. Candidates residing in Vancouver will have the option to work in the office, or to remote work. All other candidates will be WFH full-time.
Your main responsibilities will include:
45%: Managing web development workflow
- Run the point on all web projects
- Keep projects on schedule in, and document the process in Asana
- Directly manage and balance the workload of our developers and designers
- Improve overall UX and UI
35%: Finalise web designs
- Be the voice of reason between our Developers and Designers
- Create design briefs for our Web Designer that will fit within a timely project scope
- Assist with sourcing design inspiration
- Assist with clearing roadblocks, and actioning final approvals
- Finalise web designs in XD alongside our Web Designer
20%: Data analysis
- Use Hotjar and Heap to seek opportunities to improve both our UX and UI
- Present your findings to your team on a weekly basis
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- 3+ years of experience in managing websites
- Exceptional documentation writing
- Firm understanding of inbound marketing
- Intermediate HTML
- Intermediate Adobe XD
- Genuine passion for the mobile marketing and messaging space
- A strategic mindset
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a SAAS, or start-up environment is ideal
- Experience with using custom CMS platforms, or Unbounce
We are curious individuals who believe in five core mindsets: Think with empathy, Bring your secret sauce, Break stuff until it works, Simplify everything and Ship it real good. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change.
And in case you’re wondering what sort of tools we work with, we utilise a modern stack including GSuite, Asana, Confluence, Zoom and many others that enable working from home effortlessly.
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working conditions
- Weekly virtual team building activities (company-wide)
Vancouver applicants will have access to:
- Wework membership + private office access at 450 SW Marine Drive
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- WeWork partner discounts
- Secure bike storage
Our Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days. Canadian Holidays.
- Flexible working hours: Monday-Friday
(10am-6:30pm, 11am-7:30pm, 12am-8:30pm, 1pm-9:30pm, PST time)
- Location: Canada
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: