We are a newly formed product team looking for a creative designer and UX/UI specialist who loves design and creating simple intuitive experiences which deliver real value to our user base. The UX designer works with the product design team, product management and engineering to ensure that the design goals are achieved and support increase of conversion rates.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations. We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, and Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Support the auditing, development and management of Sendsei Design System Standards and framework across Burst SMS products
- Work closely with the Product Innovation and engineering team to translate concepts into user flows, wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Understand customer pet peeves through user research and identify design problems through UX best-practice methodologies
- Make design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features
- Taking a user-centred design approach through rapidly testing and iterating your designs
- Analyse and synthesise data and user requirements to solve complex problems through understanding user behaviour to increase product conversion rates
- Research and showcase knowledge of industry’s latest best practice and technologies through your design solutions
Skills, Experience & Qualities
These skills are core to this role:
- Minimum of 2 years in a UX/UI design role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, New Media Design, Web Design, HCI, Graphic Design or related design and UX experience
- A portfolio which demonstrates expertise in web and mobile design, a modern aesthetic style, creative approaches to complex problems and attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Zeplin, Sketch, Invision, Azure
- Ability to analyse and digest complex problems into simple frictionless experiences and workflows
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team while being able to work independently
- Solid understanding of front-end /backend constraints and ability to work closely with the Product Innovation and Engineering team to design and iterate concepts for intuitive user experiences
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas and design solutions to the team
- Create high-fidelity design assets such as icons and interface elements.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in front-end code such as HTML, CSS and JS
- Understanding of case processing and complex applications
Opportunity & Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
Cultural fit is all-important for us. we value hard work, we value good fun, we value results, we value celebrating success, we value work-life balance, we value creativity, we value flexibility, we value productivity, we value new ideas, we value independent thinking, we value the entrepreneurial spirit, and above all, we value good people. Your approach, your attitude, and your initiative is what counts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business and you will be part of a dynamic & innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through. Burst is a family. With a fresh new office in the heart of the CBD, we are a team that chats, works, codes, listens to music, thinks, laughs and works together. If this is the sort of team you want to be a part of, we are interested in hearing from you.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: