We are looking for an experienced and passionate Business Development Manager to join the sales team in our new Sydney Head Office to help continue the strong growth of the business, by converting our ever-growing volume of leads generated from Marketing, Lead Gen teams and self prospecting.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations. We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, and Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Learn the Burst SMS platform products, processes, features, benefits, pricing & market conditions inside and out. Including Gain a high level of knowledge on Telco carrier networks and message termination of SMS, MMS and RCS messaging, as well as early insights into Social platform messaging.
- Be on the first receiver team for leads procured from our lead generation team in Manila, taking ownership of allocated leads, nurturing and converting through to closed/won customers.
- Build, develop and maintain a healthy new business sales pipeline
- Achievement of revenue targets
- Quote & discuss pricing & options for both new inbound leads and existing customers as required.
- Learn and pitch suggested upsells, value add ideas & micro strategies to businesses customers to increase volume and participation on platform.
- Conduct product demos, articulate Burst’s value propositions, build rapport and nurture high quality leads through to paid customers.
- Provide overflow support as needed for other BDM’s, Account Managers and Sales Manager
- Ensure all Data capture and logging processes are adhered to and always up to date.
- You will be required to prospect and identify new business opportunities across AU, NZ Singapore and beyond. Both from internal lead lists provided and self-directed prospecting.
Skills, Experience & Qualities
These skills are core to this role:
- A solid understanding of Technology, the Web, apps, IT, systems, telephony etc.
- Minimum 3 years experience within ICT, SaaS, or related Tech Business Sales, Lead Gen or Account Management.
- Demonstrable high-performance results for previous employers in client-facing roles.
- Demonstrable commercial discussion & conversion skills.
- Confidence, conviction and comfort in conversations with business owners, marketing managers and IT managers.
- Outstanding written and verbal English, with impeccable communication skills and phone manner.
- Ability to handle and process a large number of leads through structure, process and determination.
- Good mathematical & process flow skills.
- A strong personal interest in all things technology and a high conviction view on trends in the market.
- An entrepreneurial and self-starter mindset is highly regarded
- Get up and go attitude essential for this role.
Opportunity & Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
Cultural Fit is all-important for us. we value hard work, we value good fun, we value results, we value celebrating success, we value work-life balance, we value creativity, we value flexibility, we value productivity, we value new ideas, we value independent thinking, we value the entrepreneurial spirit, and above all, we value good people. Your approach, your attitude, and your initiative is what counts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business and you will be part of a dynamic & innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through. Burst is a family. With a fresh new office in the heart of the CBD, we are a team that chats, works, codes, listens to music, thinks, laughs and works together. If this is the sort of team you want to be a part of, we are interested in hearing from you.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: