The Senior Account Manager will have the core responsibility for overseeing the Account Management team for all our customers across the Burst SMS platform. You will be working collaboratively with the broader sales, support and product teams to maintain and expand revenue across our customer base. You will take ownership of turning customers into advocates, extending their loyalty and informing critical business decisions using customer data. You will be an intelligent and motivated self-starter with an engaging personality and strong work ethic.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Australia. We pride ourselves on providing an easy-to-use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, improving CX, AI messaging, advanced SMS API solutions, and developing new mobile messaging innovations.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Act as the main commercial contact for key existing customers and establish productive, professional relationships with key client personnel.
- Conduct periodic health checks and business reviews to identify, qualify and close opportunities in ensuring that our product/service offering is maximised to existing customers and that cross-selling is attempted.
- Develop effective upselling/cross-selling campaigns with the whole range of BurstSMS products/services.
- Assist in the provision of an outstanding onboarding process for high-value clients.
- Creating and executing account plans for each Enterprise client and driving key business and technical objectives
- Ensure customer feedback is sought and captured on a timely basis.
- Establishing and maintaining high retention rates and high level of customer satisfaction.
- Conduct contract renewal and renegotiation processes.
- Meeting and/or exceeding sales and individual goals and targets consistently in order to increase revenue.
- Assist in decisions and implementation of the product to suit a clients needs, and measure ineffectiveness.
- Setting and executing the strategy for the account management function
- Plan and organise the day to day functions of the team to ensure all calls and activities are logged ready for follow up and that a weekly sales plan with priorities, goals and achievements can then be formulated and reported upon.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders to achieve set tasks and goals across the business
- Coach, mentor and develop team members.
Skills, Experience & Qualities
These skills are core to this role:
Minimum 4+ years experience in Account Management positions in the SaaS, Tech, ICT industry
Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability
Proven ability to manage multiple accounts
Excellent business acumen. You understand how to position, sell and negotiate value, calculate ROI, trained in strategic selling and account management.
Experience in seeking out and understanding client challenges and pain points.
Demonstrable experience in providing technical solution-based selling.
Demonstrable deal conversion skills.
The ability to solve problems under pressure and identify opportunities for the business
Previous experience working within an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Customer Success or a relevant role
Nice to have:
- Confidence, conviction and comfort in conversations with business owners, marketing managers and IT managers.
- A proven relationship manager, with strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Pipedrive)
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-level
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. Your approach, your attitude, and your initiative are what counts. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
Opportunity & Benefits
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, You will be working with and alongside the founders of the business and you will be part of a dynamic & innovative company within a high growth industry. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to cultivating diversity in our teams. We recognise that the best ideas come from allowing the unique background, skills and personality of the individual to shine through. Burst is a family, we are a team that chats, works, codes, listens to music, thinks, laughs and works together. If this is the sort of team you want to be a part of, we are interested in hearing from you.
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: