We are looking for an SEO expert with extensive inbound marketing experience. They should have acute familiarity with how to navigate the latest algorithm changes, which occurred over the last 6 months. This individual should be a strong writer, and will assist with making quality checks across our inbound marketing spectrum.
They will be joining an industry leading content team, and will be primarily focused on improving upon an successful inbound marketing structure.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging platform, delivering messages since 2008. We pride ourselves on providing an online messaging service with a focus on enhancing customer experiences, scaling conversational commerce, artificial intelligence, and advanced API solutions. Innovation is what we strive for, as we are not a company that stands still.
This position is open to candidates living in Australia or Canada. Candidates residing in Vancouver (BC) or Sydney (NSW) will have the option to work in the office, or to remote work. All other candidates will be WFH full-time. The majority of the marketing team currently resides in Vancouver.
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We genuinely listen to feedback, and action good ideas. New technology is embraced, and we are not afraid to implement change. Join an environment where you can grow, celebrate wins, and expect a team approach when it comes to tackling difficult challenges.
Your main responsibilities will include:
40%: Content Optimisation and Generation
- Align our optimised SEO strategy with our content team, and recommend content calendar adjustments
- Generate at least 2 new articles per month
- Optimise and refresh at least 3 articles or web pages per month
- Discover opportunities within our previous works through data analysis
35%: Strategy Optimisation and Market Research
- Improve upon our current rankings and meet all search KPI’s
- Discover new positive inbound SEO opportunities
- Stay on top of algorithm changes
- Keep our negative list up to date
- Conduct a quarterly competitive SEO analysis
15%: Monthly SEO Analysis
- Check how keywords are ranking
- Present any concerns or red flags
- Action any recommendations
10%: Special project assistance + professional development
- We manage 3 core messaging brands, each with a unique set of service offerings. You will be given the opportunity to diversify your workload depending on your skillset and performance.
- Depending on your strengths, and how you would like to develop your skills - this component will be customised to suit your professional goals.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- 5+ years of experience in SEO
- 3+ years of experience working within a business with a Google Partner certification
- 2+ years of experience working within a SAAS environment or a managing SEO operations for a medium-large company
- Exceptional writing skills (both technical and creative)
- Expert level understanding of inbound marketing
- Acute familiarity with the newest Google algorithm changes
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Compensation: $68,000 - $73,000 per year (CDN)
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days (CA or AU Holidays)
- Flexible working hours: Monday-Friday (CA or AU dates)
(10am-6:30pm, 11am-7:30pm, 12pm-8:30pm, 1pm-9:30pm, 2pm-10:30pm PST time)
- Location: Australia, Canada, or New Zealand
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working conditions
- Weekly virtual team building activities (company wide)
Vancouver applicants will have access to:
- Wework membership + private office access at 450 SW Marine Drive
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- WeWork partner discounts
- Secure bike storage
Sydney applicants will have access to:
- A newly fitted office space with end of trip facilities, located across from Wynyard Station
- Access to our virtual reality system, putting green, and an arcade with 6,500+ retro games
- Fully stocked bar fridge with craft beer and quality drinks
- Heaps of group buy discounts via the Hero Shop
- Tons to do on your break with the office being just a few steps away from some of Sydney’s best eats, cafes, and most iconic sights
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: