[Careers] Technical Customer Support Agent
We’re on the look out for someone wonderful to join our team. If you like what we offer, and are interested in joining us - then scroll down below. Currently, we’re looking for a savvy Technical Customer Support Agent to join our Sydney office.
Who are we?
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest growing technology companies in Australia. Currently ranked in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 and Asia Pacific Fast 500, Burst aims to be the world’s most innovative provider of localised messaging services. We pride ourselves on providing an easy to use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, SMS for operations, and advanced SMS API solutions.
Here at Burst, we are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. We listen to feedback and action good ideas. We embrace new technology and are not afraid to implement change. Our goal is to enable all people to communicate with clarity. Instantly, anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for an innovative thinker, who is solution focused, and has fantastic initiative. This position is based in our newly renovated Pitt Street office. Utilising clear communication and problem-solving skills, you will be responsible for dealing with customer and technical support requests.
Your role will involve:
- Responding to support requests via phone, email and site chat.
- Manage tickets and dev requests using Zendesk and Pivotal Tracker
- Assist with client communications in relation to system outages and issues resolution
- Work with dev team to understand and create solutions for API integrations and other technical issues
- Manage the continual improvement of documentation and content to help clients and reduce agent load
- Assist with client support queries, troubleshooting issues, identifying root-causes
- Assist with inbound sales qualification and lead assignment
- Assist with marketing content creation such as client case studies and understanding client needs
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Exceptional written and spoken English.
- A proven track record in the support function of a SaaS or IT product or service.
- A solid technical understanding of code bases, release processes and agile development practices.
- Outstanding communication and troubleshooting skills
- High customer focus and a pro-active approach - willing to take the initiative and work independently
- A high level of motivation and results orientation, able to identify problems and opportunities, and drive an outcome & take ownership
- Excellent time management skills - able to manage multiple tasks
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of API’s and platforms like Zapier
- Technical writing skills
- Basic HTML and image manipulation knowledge for online content creation
Aside from working with a group of wonderful, intelligent, helpful, and hilarious people - you’ll be working in a fun and flexible tech environment. Our office has a putting green, fully stocked bar fridge, virtual reality set-up, and an arcade machine with 6,500+ retro games to help you unwind. We learn together, grow together, and more importantly - look forward to seeing each other everyday.
- Join a fast growing exciting company
- Flexible and fun company culture, newly renovated offices
- Room for promotion and growth
Please use the email title “Technical Customer Support Agent", and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about what we do
If you are keen, you can learn more about what we do here:
Take a peek into our home
We look forward to hearing from you.