Annual Snapshot: 2018 Burst SMS upgrades and innovations
As we take a closer look at 2018, we’re proud of all the updates, features, and services we added this year.
On the Burst platform, we added a new feature that enables you to send SMS to a list via email. And our SMS API received a few new features, making it even more powerful than before.
We also launched our new US websites and gave our UK and Singaporean ones a refresh.
The year started off with our annual State of SMS report. Packed with SMS and mobile stats and insights, we recommend giving it a read if you haven’t done so already.
Our SMS Ideabook got an update with newer ideas. The previous version was from 2015. On top of that, we created the SMS Integration Book to help clients understand what kinds of web apps they can integrate with SMS.
We started a new SMS Playbook series. They cover SMS templates and SMS marketing strategies for specific verticals. The first is the SMS Playbook for Retail and eCommerce businesses. Keep an eye out for new ones in 2019.
And last but not least, our blog. We released content every week, and we hope it gave you new ideas and strategies for your SMS and mobile marketing campaigns.
If workflow automation is your cup of tea, then you’ll want to know that we now have over 1,100 integrations via Zapier since the beginning of the year. Plus, we updated our Send SMS action with track links and added a new trigger called Link Hit recently. Use these new Zapier features to your advantage.
We also added Workato integrations. Similar to Zapier, it provides a richer integration with your favourite web apps but at a higher cost.
2018 Innovation Summary
- January 2018: [Major Content Piece] 2017-18 State of SMS Report
- January 2018: [Zapier Update] Burst SMS now integrates with 1000+ web tools
- January 2018: [New Feature] Send SMS to a list via email
- February 2018: [New SMS API Feature] Get delivery status via new API call
- March 2018: [New Integration] Burst SMS integrates with Zoho CRM
- April 2018: [New SMS API Feature] Edit dedicated virtual number options
- April 2018: [New SMS API Feature] Get a contact’s information from a list
- May 2018: [Major Content Piece] How to design the perfect MMS
- June 2018: [Major Content Piece] Indulge in our newest SMS Ideabook
- **July 2018: [**New Feature]Receive MMS with your dedicated virtual number
- August 2018: [Case Study]Storytelling via SMS automation
- August 2018: [New Integration] Introducing enterprise-level Burst SMS integrations via Workato
- September 2018: burstsms.com (US) website launches
- October 2018: [Major Content Piece] Introducing the new SMS Integration Book
- October 2018: Redesigned: burstsms.co.uk
- November 2018: Redesigned: burstsms.com.sg
- November 2018: [Zapier Update] New Track Links for Send SMS action and new Link Hit trigger
- December 2018: [Major Content Piece] The SMS Playbook for Retail and eCommerce businesses
Cheers to another great year!
There’s a bit of buzz going around the Burst SMS office. Even bigger features, upgrades, and services are in store for 2019. We can’t wait to share them with you so stay tuned!
And that’s a wrap. Here’s to wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!