Annual Snapshot: 2019 Burst SMS upgrades and innovations
It’s a wrap for 2019, and the decade too! We’re proud of all our hard work in bringing you more contents, insights, and features this year. Here’s a recap of 2019.
- Branded Tracked Links: Send tracked links with a domain of your choice, improving your branding and consistency.
- Platform Upgrade: Twelve new servers, 100 microservices upgraded, and half a million lines of codes optimised with zero downtime, giving you more speed at your fingertips.
- SMS API Updates: More features and a fresh new look for our documentation pages, making it easier for you to explore our SMS API.
The year started with our annual State of SMS 2018-19 report. Packed with SMS and mobile stats and insights, we recommend giving it a read if you haven’t already.
For our SMS templates, we updated the Tourism Series and added the Education Series, Events, Expo and Trade Fairs Series, Easter Series and Valentine’s Day Series. As February is approaching, this will be an ideal read over the holidays.
We continue to curate more Guides & Playbooks, providing you with more insights, industry-specific templates, and SMS marketing strategies. This year, we created the SMS Playbook for Not-for-profits, refreshed the Beginner’s Guide to SMS Marketing and Australia SMS E-Course with more updates to come next year.
With over 250 curated articles since our blog’s inception in 2016, we realised that searching for something specific like page 7 on the SMS Integration Book from 2018 isn’t the most pleasant experience. That’s why we refreshed our blog’s design and added categories to make it easier for you to discover new articles and find your favourite content.
We hope that it sparked new ideas and strategies for your mobile marketing campaigns. We invite you to subscribe if you haven’t already done so.
If workflow automation is your cup of tea, then you’ll want to know that we now have over 1,500 integrations via Zapier since the beginning of the year. Plus, we updated our Send SMS action with tracked links and added a new trigger called Link Hit recently. Use these new Zapier features to your advantage.
2019 Innovation Summary
- February 2019: [Major Content Piece] 2018-19 State of SMS
- March 2019: [New SMS API Feature] Send Trackable URLs and Get Link Hits
- March 2019: [New Office]We’ve moved and expanded!
- April 2019: [Major Content Piece] The SMS Playbook for Not-for-profits
- May 2019: [New Feature]Branded Tracked Links
- May 2019: [Major Content Piece] How to build an SMS list from scratch
- May 2019: [Website Update] New Support Portal
- August 2019: [New Feature] Callable Virtual Numbers
- August 2019: Updated our blog layout! 😊
- October 2019: [Platform Update] Burst SMS got a big upgrade and no one noticed (that’s a good thing)
- November 2019: [Major Content Piece]Holiday SMS Marketing for the Retail Industry Guide
Did you know?
- Warmer regions generate more smartphone traffic than colder ones [source]
- Humans have an attention span of 8 seconds; goldfish 🐠 have 9 [source]
- Our team consumed 1,374 beers 🍺 (and counting) in the office this year
- We’ve given 1,615 tacos 🌮 (recognitions) amongst our peers for their above-and-beyond work!
- We increased our headcount by 125% and office space by 400% this year
Our new office
Here’s a sneak peek into our new office. We spent a lot of time furnishing and decorating it (not just the holiday decorations). Next year, we plan to show you even more behind-the-scenes updates like this, so you can see more of our company culture.
Cheers to another great year!
There’s a bit of buzz going around the Burst SMS office. We can’t wait to bring you more contents, features, upgrades, and services in 2020. Stay tuned!
Happy Holidays from everyone at Burst SMS. We hope your holidays will be filled with joy and laughter through the New Year.