[Important Update] Mandatory Toll-free Number Verification
From May 15, 2022, toll-free numbers are required to be verified before sending traffic in North America.
Existing US Toll-free Numbers
Anyone using an existing toll-free number before the date above will have until September 30, 2022, to verify their number.
Why do I need to verify a TFN?
The new verification process is designed to weed out senders who don’t follow spam compliance. As businesses, it’s our responsibility to maintain the quality and experience for recipients of messages.
Verifying your number will instantly improve the reliability of your delivery. Once verified, your pre-approved message templates will be whitelisted for optimum delivery.
How to Verify a Toll-free Number
Depending on the quantity of TFNs and complexity of your messaging requirements, it can take up to 5 business days or as little as 24 - 48 hours to get pre-verified. This timeframe is only a guide and may change.
Potential Verification Delays
Several factors may cause a delay in your verification process which may include:
- Multiple toll-free number requests or submissions
- Incomplete or unclear fields (be specific in your application)
- Rejection and resubmission of an application
TFN Best Practices
In order to maintain the reputation of toll-free numbers, carriers restrict specific message types.
Generally, businesses should only use a TFN to send these types of messages:
- Account balance and activity alerts
- Order status and dispatch notifications
- Emergency communications
- Reminders and notifications
- Internal communications
- Two-factor authentication
- Marketing messages
The following message types are strictly prohibited:
- High-risk financial services
- Get rich quick schemes
- Debt forgiveness
- Illegal substances or activities
- Fraud or scams
- Deceptive marketing
- Profanity or hate speech
Apply for a Verified TFN
In addition to the standard application requests, please have the following information ready for your toll-free number verification application:
New and Existing TFN Holders
- A list of all your new and existing toll-free numbers
- A highly specific description of the types of messages you will be sending from your toll-free numbers
- A list of any previous numbers you may have used for A2P SMS
- Proof of permission to send to your recipients, preferably to the opt-in page, or if not available a screenshot or image of this mobile number collection point
- The location of where you will be listing this number
- Your primary CTA link - please note that free URL shorters should not be used and we can assist you to create shortened, trackable and branded links for your messages at no cost
Google Account required to submit an application. If you do not have a Google account, Contact Support for an Application form.