** Thanks for your interest,
the position has now been filled!
We are bursting towards our 2018 goals, and we need someone fantastic to help keep us going. If you're a responsible multitasker, and are interested in joining a fast paced tech company with a strong company culture - then have a look below. We are on the lookout for a PA/Office Manager to join our talented team.
Who we are
Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest growing technology companies in Australia. Currently ranked in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 and Asia Pacific Fast 500, Burst aims to be the world’s most innovative provider of localised messaging services. We pride ourselves on providing an easy to use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, SMS for operations, and advanced SMS API solutions.
We are curious individuals who believe in four core values: innovation, efficiency, responsiveness, and more importantly - fun. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We do not talk about how good we are - we demonstrate and lead by example. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. Innovation is what we strive for by building new features with our clients in mind.
The co-founders (Currently CEO and Head of Innovation) are looking for an experienced PA/Office Manager to come on board and help improve the productivity and time/task management of both founders. They will be responsible for assisting in our day-to-day business tasks and activities in an office environment with circa 15 staff.
You will be responsible for the following:
- General diary management: appointment calls, requests, bookings, and confirmations for both business and personal tasks of co-founders
- Researching and booking business & personal travel arrangements (e.g. flights and accommodation)
- Organising and administering any personal or company events, invites, RSVP's, bookings etc
- Company or personal research for a wide range of topics: utilities, how to's, furniture etc
- Completing paperwork for various business & personal application forms
- Other city based admin, errand or purchasing tasks as needed
- Director and company expense processing
- Paying personal bills online
- Accounts receivable chasing
- Receiving requests for client Top Up invoice and preparing & sending invoices
- Confirming client payments and adding credit to accounts
- Assistance with preparation of monthly company stats and reports
- Tracking employee sick and holiday leave
- Assistance with administration of regional offices, Melbourne & Vancouver
- Office troubleshooting for broken or faulty items
- Keeping on top of general office management: office supplies, cleaning, stationary, water etc.
- Keeping kitchen and fridges tidy
- Booking and scheduling personal baby sitters, nannies, gardeners, other trades
- Updating company intranet with processed and procedures as you go
Skills and Experience
- You will already have a proven track record of successfully running a small office and being the 'right hand person' to a business manager / owner
- Experience in the Tech industry desirable
- Tertiary qualifications – Tech, Economics, Business, Finance preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written skills
- Solid mathematical and logic/problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, and general internet and browser use
- Great writing and presentation skills
- Proven track record in improving productivity
- An unflappable and confident ability to take control of a whole range of tasks associated with successfully running a business
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. You will be working directly with the founders of the business, and will be part of a dynamic and innovative company within a high growth industry. If this is the sort of team you want to be a part of, we are very interested in hearing from you.
- Fantastic career development potential
- Join an exciting and fast growing company with a great atmosphere and newly renovated office
- Our office has a putting green, fully stocked bar fridge with craft beers and quality drinks, virtual reality set-up, and an arcade machine with 6,500+ retro games to help you unwind
- We learn together, grow together, and more importantly - look forward to seeing each other everyday
- Amazing office location close to heaps of eats, shops, cafes, gyms, and some of Sydney's most iconic sights that you can enjoy on your lunch break such as:
- 5min walk to the Botanical Gardens
- 7min walk to Circular Quay
- 15min walk to the Opera House
- 12min walk to Barangaroo
- 10min walk to Westfield Mall
- Easy commute with tons of transit options:
- 3-5min walk to multiple train stations (Wynyard, Circular Quay, Martin Place)
- 5min walk to the ferry terminal
- Multiple bus stops surrounding the building
- Weekly get-togethers
- Fun monthly team outings
- Position: PA/Office Manager
- Type: Full time
- Location: Sydney CBD
Please send your CV to email@example.com
If you are keen, you can learn more about what we do here:
Here's a peek
We look forward to hearing from you.