How SMS personalisation at scale improves customer engagement
With so many businesses competing for your digital attention, relying on generic SMS marketing is like trying to have a conversation in a snowstorm. There’s so much white noise, nothing cuts through.
Wait. Rewind. What if you received an SMS that addressed you by name, thanked you for your recent online purchase, and offered you 20% off by replying to the message? That’s persuasive enough to stand out like a pink penguin.
Create 1-to-1 personalised messages at scale
How do you make sure your message hits the spot with your customers, rather than triggering the delete reflex? The trick is to create personalised 1-to-1 messages that build relationships and spur your customers to action.
Start by using custom variables to personalise your message or target specific customers, based on details like their:
- Purchase history
- Hobbies or interests
OK, so using your stored customer data helps create more tailored messages. Now add the icing to your sweet SMS marketing—what if you could start a personalised 1-on-1 conversation, without staff on the other end? Craft natural-sounding conversation with minimal resources using Conversr, our artificial intelligence (AI) powered SMS platform.
The benefits of SMS personalisation at scale
In a survey by Accenture, 91% of people said they’d be more willing to do business with a brand that recognises them and extends relevant offers. Over 50% of consumers are also inclined to switch brands in the absence of personalised experiences.
1-to-1 personalisation at scale means you can appease your audience’s desire for customised messaging.
Personalisation helps you get more conversions, lower your unsubscribe rate, and increase your click-through rate—all by adding a couple of details. The fact is, you can provide an automated service while still giving each customer a tailored experience.
Use it to:
- Update customer details
- Ask for feedback on previous interactions
- Recommend products based on past purchases
- Send reminders for payments or appointments
- Provide customer service
- Answer common questions about your product or service.
The key to personalised messaging is to always sound like a human, not a robot.
Automate and still sound human
Crafting natural messaging will improve engagement. Here are some tips for more authentic communication:
- Send messages from a dedicated virtual mobile number. That way, your customers know who the message is from. They can even add you as a contact. You also need a virtual mobile number to receive replies and create conversations.
- Stay conversational. Use common expressions like ‘do you want me to give you a call?' ‘let me know if you have any questions’ or other phrases that speak to your audience. Throw-in some brand-appropriate emojis to add life to your messages.
- Include personalised, MMS messages. Make your customer feel like you’re a friend by introducing yourself with a picture or video message.
- Trigger conversation. Ask questions that’ll get a response. Then use your AI-powered platform, like Conversr, to send and receive SMS online.
- Be unpredictable. Think outside run-of-the-mill marketing trends, so your customer thinks the message is from a real person.
Personalising your text messages at scale is an easy way to improve customer experience, and boost your bottom line.