We are seeking a skilled web designer to join our marketing team. This individual should be well-versed in best practices for UX/UI. They should have ample experience working within Adobe XD, and be very comfortable with Adobe Illustrator. They will be collaborating closely with our Creative Marketer, Motion Designer, and assisting with managing an Illustrator.
Examples of vector-based work within your web portfolio is needed to apply.
You will be assisting with the management of 4 core websites, and finalising any major design draft.
Who We Are
Burst SMS is a global messaging platform, delivering messages since 2008. Burst aims to be the world’s most innovative provider of B2C messaging services via SMS, MMS, RCS and Social channels. We pride ourselves on providing a powerful yet intuitive online platform in addition to a flexible suite of enterprise-grade API’s and integrations, empowering a diverse range of customers across to execute their marketing and operational business communication. With messaging and conversation taking centre stage in the B2C communication mix, the business is growing strongly. We have offices now in Sydney, Melbourne, Vancouver and Manila, and we are continuing our scale-up in earnest.
This position is open to candidates living in Canada. Candidates residing in Vancouver (British Columbia) will have the option to work in the office, or to remote work. All other candidates will be WFH full-time. The majority of the marketing team currently resides in Vancouver.
Your main responsibilities will include:
50%: Web Design via Adobe XD or Unbounce
- Work closely with our Creative Marketer to complete design briefs
- Initial test drafts and UI elements to be designed via Adobe Illustrator
- Passover final designs and document UX in XD to our developers
- Assist in improving overall visual CX across all web properties
25%: Adobe Illustrator
- Polishing our brand guidelines, and enhancing all our company assets
- Applying our brand guidelines to all our creatives
- Design and test new initial visual concepts, and develop final concepts with our Illustrator or Motion Graphics Designer
15%: Research and collaboration
- Work with our creative team to test fresh design concepts
- Contribute more efficient processes within the design team
- Recommend and present new design trends as they arise
10%: Special project assistance + professional development
- We manage 3 core messaging brands, each with a unique set of service offerings. You will be given the opportunity to diversify your workload depending on your skillset and performance.
- Depending on your strengths, and how you would like to develop your skills - this component will be customised to suit your professional goals.
Skills, Experience & Qualities
- You must provide a link to a public portfolio with 8+ projects to apply
- 5+ years of experience in web design
- 3+ years of experience working with vector graphics and illustrations
- Expert: Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, and an excellent design eye for UX and UI
- Intermediate: Adobe Photoshop, best practices for motion design
- Basic: Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Animate
- Highly responsive, organised, and naturally motivated
- Excellent time management
- SAAS experience is a bonus
We are curious individuals who believe in five core values: teamwork, innovation, initiative, flexibility, and diversity. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We genuinely listen to feedback, and action good ideas. New technology is embraced, and we are not afraid to implement change. Join an environment where you can grow, celebrate wins, and expect a team approach when it comes to tackling difficult challenges.
You will be part of a global team, which has helped Burst SMS become one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Asia-Pacific. You will be reporting to inclusive managers, who use an open-minded agile approach. Your voice will be heard, and you will have the opportunity to grow and make impactful decisions.
In addition to this you will also have:
- Flexible working conditions
- Weekly virtual team building activities (company wide)
Vancouver applicants will have access to:
- Wework membership + private office access at 450 SW Marine Drive
- 52,000sqf spread across the top 3 floors of the LEED Gold® building
- 4 lounges, 22 sound-proof phone booths, 17 conference rooms, wellness room, community bar, and a large patio with panoramic views of the city
- WeWork partner discounts
- Secure bike storage
Our response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19, with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to attend. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally and have cultural initiatives in place to help ensure you do not feel isolated from your team and or other departments. Albeit a trying time, we have taken this opportunity to recreate what a new world of working may look like and we invite you to help shape and build upon this vision with us.
The Nitty Gritty
- Job type: Full-time contractor
- Compensation: $58,000 - $67,000 per year (CDN)
- Time off: 4 weeks paid vacation + 10 sick/personal days. Canadian Holidays.
- Flexible working hours: Monday-Friday
(10:00am-6:30pm, 10:30am-7:00pm, 11:00am-7:30pm, 11:30am-8:00pm PST time)
- Location: Canada
If you are keen, learn more about what we do here: