How SMS personalisation at scale improves customer engagement
With so many businesses competing for your digital attention, relying on generic SMS marketing is like trying to have a conversation in a snowstorm. There’s so much white noise, nothing cuts through.
Wait. Rewind. What if you received an SMS that addressed you by name, thanked you for your recent online purchase, and offered you 20% off by replying to the message? That’s persuasive enough to stand out like a pink penguin.
Create 1-to-1 personalised messages at scale
How do you make sure your message hits the spot with your customers, rather than triggering the delete reflex? The trick is to create personalised 1-to-1 messages that build relationships and spur your customers to action.
Start by using custom variables to personalise your message or target specific customers, based on details like their:
- Purchase history
- Hobbies or interests
OK, so using your stored customer data helps create more tailored messages. Now add the icing to your sweet SMS marketing—what if you could start a personalised 1-on-1 conversation, without staff on the other end? Craft natural-sounding conversation with minimal resources using Conversr, our artificial intelligence (AI) powered SMS platform.
The benefits of SMS personalisation at scale
In a survey by Accenture, 91% of people said they’d be more willing to do business with a brand that recognises them and extends relevant offers. Over 50% of consumers are also inclined to switch brands in the absence of personalised experiences.
1-to-1 personalisation at scale means you can appease your audience’s desire for customised messaging.
Personalisation helps you get more conversions, lower your unsubscribe rate, and increase your click-through rate—all by adding a couple of details. The fact is, you can provide an automated service while still giving each customer a tailored experience.
Use it to:
- Update customer details
- Ask for feedback on previous interactions
- Recommend products based on past purchases
- Send reminders for payments or appointments
- Provide customer service
- Answer common questions about your product or service.
The key to personalised messaging is to always sound like a human, not a robot.
Automate and still sound human
Crafting natural messaging will improve engagement. Here are some tips for more authentic communication:
- Send messages from a dedicated virtual mobile number. That way, your customers know who the message is from. They can even add you as a contact. You also need a virtual mobile number to receive replies and create conversations.
- Stay conversational. Use common expressions like ‘do you want me to give you a call?' ‘let me know if you have any questions’ or other phrases that speak to your audience. Throw-in some brand-appropriate emojis to add life to your messages.
- Include personalised, MMS messages. Make your customer feel like you’re a friend by introducing yourself with a picture or video message.
- Trigger conversation. Ask questions that’ll get a response. Then use your AI-powered platform, like Conversr, to send and receive SMS online.
- Be unpredictable. Think outside run-of-the-mill marketing trends, so your customer thinks the message is from a real person.
Personalising your text messages at scale is an easy way to improve customer experience, and boost your bottom line.
Now’s the time to play with message personalisation. Get full access to our feature-loaded online SMS platform, and see how easy it is to implement with this 14 day free trial. No obligations and no credit card required.