Finish the year strong with these 4 EOFY tips
Last Updated 21 May 2021
As vaccinations are being rolled out globally and restrictions are easing, many are excited to reconnect with friends, family members, and even businesses. People are eager to go on holiday, spend the day shopping with friends, and dine in restaurants again when it is safe to do so.
Whether you are looking to re-engage existing customers or increase your lead generation activity, this is a great time to reach out with an SMS campaign. Here are 4 tips to help you finish the end of the financial year strong.
1. Discover new trends that align with your brand
Search trends are constantly changing. Rediscover what your target audience is searching for by using tools such as Adwords Keyword Planner and Google Trends. You may find that your customers now have new priorities and search terms.
For example, Google is noticing an understandable increase in health related searches. Find these new trends, and apply them to your business to stay ahead. If you need help launching one of these new trends, try implementing one of our strategic SMS template sets.
2. Audit your previous SMS campaigns
As the financial year comes to an end, it’s time to evaluate which SMS campaigns helped your business accomplish your internal goals. Here’s a simple template to help you evaluate your best bulk SMS campaigns. Pay close attention to the top 5 SMS campaigns, and see which campaign you can enhance and relaunch for a final push.
When you’re ready, use what you learned from tip one to see if there’s any overlap in data which can help you further optimise a previous high ROI campaign.
3. Try something new on-trend
Most businesses choose to go with replicating something that has worked well in the past when making a final splash, however, it’s important to also make a statement with exploring a new trend. After launching a more familiar campaign in tip two, use the knowledge gained from tip one to deliver a highly relevant on-trend marketing campaign.
Here are some topics and ideas that you can use to re-engage your customers in a meaningful way.
- Send EOFY flash sales, promotions, or competitions
- Introduce a new product or service
- Ask customers for feedback and use this information to relaunch another campaign
- Send re-opening plans with new safety or company procedures
- Remind customers about upcoming appointments or events
- Send a genuine heartfelt message of gratitude for their support during these times
4. Take advantage of new business incentives
In addition to the change in social trends, it’s important to stay on top of economic incentives for your business.
An example of a new incentive for the hospitality industry is the various travel and dining voucher schemes throughout Australia. In New South Wales (NSW), they have launched a Dine & Discover NSW program. All NSW residents aged 18 and over are eligible for 4 x $25 vouchers to support dining, arts and recreation businesses. The program ends on 30 June 2021, so use this opportunity to bring customers through the door. Check out our tips on how to use SMS for your hospitality business and SMS templates for events for some inspiration.
- Get inspiration from our collection of SMS Templates
- Browse through our collection of industry use cases
- Track clicks and click-through rates with our URL shortener
- Track traffic and conversions from your SMS campaigns with UTM parameters
- Learn about the best times to send an SMS
If you need assistance, feel free to reach out. Our team of messaging experts are here to help. Click on the chat button on the bottom right corner or send us a ticket.